Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Weekly Happies #4

The beginning of last week was pretty rough but I'm happy to be able to report that the rest of it turned out to be pretty great. I spent a lot of time outside enjoying the temporary warmth and sunshine. My Dad and I ran a lot of errands but also did some fun shopping/browsing. My Mom and I went out early one day for some bagels and shopping and managed to find some cute stuff - my Dad later joined us and it was a nice outing. We also watched the new Bonnie and Clyde. I like Emile Hirsch but it was a fail overall.

It's Spring Break, which means my Mom is home with my Dad and I, and we couldn't be happier. We are taking full advantage of the time off and have some really fun plans. Yesterday we woke up super early and headed for the coast. When I say super early I mean we left the house at 6! Anyway, it was an amazing (albeit long) day from start to finish.

Before I get in to the recap, I just want to talk about something that happened to me when we were walking on the Bandon Boardwalk. I was totally fine and then suddenly, out of nowhere, I experienced the most painful/terrifying/debilitating sensation I have ever experienced and that's saying a lot since I'm no newbie when it comes to pain. I can't even use words to describe it because it was unlike anything I have ever felt. I was "struck" through the head and neck. The pain went through me and I collapsed on the Boardwalk. My parents were close by and I managed to grab on to my Dad. I don't remember much of the actual moment besides the pain I felt ((I'm still very aware of the feeling of the pain, even more than 24 hours later)) and the fact that I couldn't see. When the attack was over I lost it and cried for the next 15 minutes or so. I came through it though and the rest of the day was fabulous. I just wanted to mention it because this is, in fact, my sick blog and not just an online journal to share the fun things I get to do.

Anyway, we walked on the Boardwalk and throughout Old Town. The shops, honestly, were all kind of weird and Bandon wasn't exactly what I thought it was going to be. We did enjoy our time there though. We didn't purchase any souvenirs, but we did pick up a couple of pieces of fudge! The area itself is gorgeous and the town is pretty cute, and after we walked around we ended up having lunch at Tony's Crab Shack where we chowed down on some fish tacos and iced tea. We then headed towards the cliffs and walked around, taking in the beauty of the ocean.

We then headed South where we accidentally stumbled across a walk-through wildlife safari and petting zoo and after slamming on the brakes, u-turning, and finding a parking spot we paid a small fortune and entered the park. This turned out to be the best mistake ever! All 3 of us enjoyed it tremendously. It was extremely silly and ridiculously fun. We got to feed all sorts of weird animals and check them out. I'm embarrassed to admit that I discovered that I'm a little bit afraid of deer, llamas, peacocks, and goats who are hungry and swarm you when you enter a pen with food. I quickly handed my animal food to my Dad because I was kind of freaked out. He was extraordinarily popular with them though and was followed by deer and llama throughout the park. They even started to nibble on his clothes.

We have a little thing for pygmy goats and there were 2 little babies! Check them out, aren't they adorable? I got to hold them but I have to tell you a secret – they're not very cuddly! I tried to get a picture of my Mom holding one of them but at the exact moment I went to snap the photo the goat squirmed out of her arms and I was headbutted by a goat… a goat with horns! Not joking. LOL!

I'm not a fan of zoos or places where animals are kept in captivity but I can't lie and tell you that it wasn't a lot of fun, because it was. We laughed, A LOT, and had a really fun time.

After that we headed back to the road and kept going South. The plan was to go to Gold Beach and walk on the beach and try to find a glass float. By this point we were running out of daylight but my parents are the sweetest and wanted me to get to feel the sand beneath my toes and find a float (which is what I desperately wanted to do). We got to the beach and it was so cold and windy that it was painful. We walked on the beach a little but I couldn't handle it.

In Brookings, we ate dinner and it wasn't very good. We were exhausted by this point and began the ridiculously long drive home. We ended up being gone from 6 am to almost 11 pm and we were so tired by the time we finally made it home but it was an awesome day and I'm so thankful I get to spend time with my family doing such fun things. We all agree, though, that our next day trip has to be somewhere closer and warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment