Sunday, March 16, 2014

Weekly Happies #3


I really need to write things down in a journal or on a notepad because I missed last week and I can't remember much! So this part will just be a quickie – We went out to lunch as a family during the week, which was nice. We finished Breaking Bad and I'm so happy with how it ended. I miss the show but I feel fulfilled by the story so I'm not too sad about it. We went to a state championship playoff game for the girl's team where my Mom teaches. They won, and went to state, but lost in the final game coming in third place. I don't think I have anything else to report about the week I skipped.

This week I spent a lot of time in the sun. So much time, in fact, that I'm a funny shade of hot pink. Woops! I love the feeling of the sun warming my bones and how good it makes me feel and I can't get enough. My Dad and dogs joined me for a while and we enjoyed the rays together. I'm technically not supposed to be in the sun because Lupus and the sun are pretty much enemies. On a side note, I was seriously considering getting a tattoo but Lupus and tattoos are also enemies. In fact, Lupus doesn't have any friends except other illnesses. What a jerk!

Speaking of how nice the weather has been; Parker is a filthy animal and likes to roll in dirt. He comes in looking like Pig Pen from Charlie Brown more often than not. He likes mud too but nothing makes him happier than a big old patch of dirt. My poor Mom has crazy allergies thanks to my little furry love and the dust he brings in and I have to keep blankets on the end of my bed just to collect his dirt but check out how cute my baby piggy is:



My Dad went to Portland for training for Civil Air Patrol for the weekend so my Mom and I went on a sushi date. We tried a new (to us) restaurant on Friday night and it was pretty good. I can't believe I used to hate sushi! I love it now, although I don't eat fish… I pretty much stick to California Rolls, although I occasionally opt for Tempura Shrimp. This time I had my trusty go to roll as well as a Tempura Vegetable Roll, which was just fried broccoli, carrots, and zucchini wrapped with rice and seaweed. It was tasty!

On Saturday we took Cooper for a drive (he LOVES drives and prefers them to walks like a lazy dog) and had a really healthy lunch (just kidding!) of fried pickles, french fries, and salad. Don't judge me! I get major cravings for fried food sometimes and fried pickles are my absolute favorite! I eat healthy 98% of the time. We went on a crazy spring-cleaning binge. We cleaned. A lot. We also went on a nice walk and spent the day together being lazy and reading. We had one of my other favorite foods for dinner – artichokes! Wait… is this turning into a "What I Have Eaten" blog? Weird.

It's now Sunday night and I'm more than happy to tell you that my Dad made it home safely. I'm always worried when my loved ones travel alone and so relieved when they arrive at their destination in one piece. If you're wondering, he had an amazing time and learned a lot. He's really excited about taking what he learned and what comes next with CAP. My parents are so sweet and thoughtful! My Mom sent my Dad to Sephora, where he picked up a couple of amazing gifts for me! I'm very thankful for their generosity. I love Sephora and they picked out some awesome stuff!




Alright, that's it I am now going to plop my butt down on the couch and catch up on the last couple episodes of The Vampire Diaries. Speaking of which, this season is boring me like no other. I usually love the show but I'm just not feeling it. Anyone else bored with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment