Monday, April 21, 2014

Burney Falls Happies


I have been fortunate to travel around the country quite a lot during my 27 years of life and have been to many spectacular places. Yesterday, my family and I spent the day at Burney Falls in California and I think it now tops my list of beautiful places. There is nothing more rejuvenating than spending the day taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of nature – especially when it's in a place as beautiful as I was yesterday!

We started the day by driving down to Dusmuir, CA and having brunch at our favorite little café called the Cornerstone Bakery and Café. We have been there twice now and we have really enjoyed both times. If you're ever in the are I highly recommend you stop in for a meal. We then got back in the car and headed for the falls. A local told us to stop at a different falls that was on the way first (I don't remember what they were called) but we did and they were really nice but not nearly as breathtaking as what we would later see. Burney Falls – well, I think I'll just let the photos do the talking. So beautiful!







We did the 1.3 mile "hike" around the falls and even though it was a bit strenuous we had a really lovely time. When you are down at the bottom of the falls you can feel the mist hitting your skin and it is such a wonderful feeling! I wish I lived closer because I would go there every single day to walk around, take in the sights, and get in some exercise.



I don't know why I feel the need to share this story but there was a man who walked by me with a huge cockroach on his shoulder and it was SO creepy! I thought maybe it had fallen on to his shoulder while he was standing under a tree or something but it turns out he had a bag full of them. Who has a pet cockroach that you take to state parks?! LOL!

After spending several hours at the falls we then headed into the town of Burney. We were starving again and nothing was open, since it was Easter, so we had to eat at McDonalds – gag! Do you know how hard it is to eat at McDonalds when you're a vegetarian?

We headed home after lunch and the drive was really nice. On the home way we also stopped in McCloud and drove around for a few minutes. They have a lot of really nice historical buildings. I loved being able to watch Shasta as we drove. I'm so in love with the mountain. Is that a weird thing to say? It's just so beautiful.

I love nothing more than spending time with my family, besides maybe spending time with my family exploring nature. I had a fantastic time and I suggest if you're anywhere near Burney Falls that you go and check them out when you can!

Oh, and just since this is supposed to be a "weekly" recap I'll tell you the other things that I did - on Thursday my Dad and I went to Medford for an appointment and did a little shopping. We got along well and had a fine time. On Friday the family went to see the spring play at the school where my Mom teaches. It was called "Cow Tippin" and it was hilarious! It was a good week for me and I hope it was for you as well!

Here are a few more photos from the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment