Friday, August 4, 2017

Early August Update

I guess I can only be good at consistently posting to one of the blogs and lately I've been so good about posting every single Wednesday on Beautiful Basics and about once a month (or less) on The Sick Life. I do, however, have some things to update you on so let's get started!

My Dad has been in and out of the hospital lately and it's been tough on all of us. He's actually in the hospital right now and was in the ICU a couple of weeks ago. He hasn't been doing well. His cancer is still in remission but he's been struggling with a lot of other health issues. He also has Giant Cell Arteritis, and he's been being treated for it since November but the treatment was making him worse in a lot of ways so we've been trying some other things. He also has a severe B12 deficiency, but not the kind that popping a vitamin can fix. It actually looks a lot like dementia, and it's terrifying. He's been getting infusions for that but he's still very low. He's been having heart problems and breathing issues, as well. It's been rough but hopefully we'll get some answers from his care team this time around since they're not planning on releasing him without knowing what's causing all of this.

As for me, I've been struggling too. You'll be proud to know that I'm actually taking the steps to see my new doctor and will hopefully be getting in soon and starting a new treatment plan. I told you that I'd do it by the end of summer and I'm doing it! I'm still terrified but I'm working on it.

Speaking of working on things... I'm trying to be in control of my anxiety, more so than I have ever tried before. I'm focusing on bettering myself and the way I handle my stress and panic and I think I'm doing a fairly good job. I had a pretty bad panic attack in a restaurant earlier this week, and it carried over to the next day, but besides that, I think I'm getting somewhere and I'm happy with it. I've been organizing a lot, which is a great stress reliever for me. I've always been trying to change how I see things and I think it's working well.

Even though things have been leaning towards the difficult side of the life spectrum I've still been trying to make the most out of this summer. My Mom and I have been spending lots and lots of time in the pool. We've been kayaking a few times. Oh, and remember the new kayak I got for my birthday? I love it so much! It's awesome! I've spent some time reading, which I love. I'm totally on a Stephen King kick. I've always loved him but I'm getting more into him than ever before.

It's been a hard summer but like I always say, life is what you choose to make it and I'm choosing to make it happy and peaceful and calm. We may not all be healthy but my family and I are together, we have a wonderful home, the cutest cat and dog and the opportunity to take every single day that comes our way and make it a good one. I'm really feeling positive and hopeful, even if I don't feel very good. Life is good, anyway.

Okay, that's it for now. I want to post more and I promise I'll make an effort. I think I need to talk more about my anxiety and how bad it got for a while and go into more detail about how I'm trying. Oh, and my heart needs another write up because it's been having a lot of issues lately. I've also been fainting here and there. Fun, right? Anyway, see you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment