Sunday, February 23, 2014

Weekly Happies #1


One of the best ways to feel physically and emotionally well is to reflect on positive things that happen in life. I like to think that even though every day might not be a good day there is definitely something good in every day, so with that theory in mind I am going to start doing a "Weekly Happies" post.

I'm going to try to take pictures of the little things that make me smile and write down bits and pieces of my day that make me happy so I'll essentially be sharing my positivity journal with you all.

Since Monday was a holiday my Family (minus Sebastian and Parker) went on a little drive. We planned on having lunch at Lake of the Woods but it was way too cold so we just ended up driving around eying up nature and eating our sandwiches and fruit in the car. We stopped a few places and walked around. We also found a totally random organic grocery store in the middle of nowhere. Here are some pictures from our excursion (my Mom isn't in any of them, sadly):








My Dad and I randomly decided to go to Medford on Wednesday (the next big city over, which is about an hour and a half away, where we go to do any fun shopping) and spend some money. We had a great trip. We talked on the entire drive there and back about everything. I managed to feel pretty good the entire time, although I was pretty exhausted by the time we got home. We went to the military surplus store and picked some things up for my Dad (he's a 2nd LT in the local chapter of the Civil Air Patrol), Target (where I got a throw pillow and a pack of awesome pens – sounds like boring finds but I'm pretty happy about them!), Ulta, and then did a little grocery shopping at Trader Joes. We had a lot of fun.

The pillow I picked up at Target leads me to another happy – I am totally content with the way I have my room decorated now. Since I spend so much time in my bedroom, which also functions as my office/living room/everything room, I really want it to look pretty and make me happy. I'm very happy with the way it looks. It makes me feel comfortable and cheerful. Here are some photos:








I finished reading a pretty good book, albeit not something I would normally go for, called Far, Far Away written by Tom McNeal. It was a little weird but I enjoyed it.

We started watching Season 5 of Breaking Bad and I can't wait to see how the show ends even though I know I'll be super depressed when it's over. Season 4 was so good and even though we are only on episode 3 of Season 5 I'm a little bored with it but I know it's going to get better! I think I'm a little bit in love with Jesse Pinkman and a lot in love with Aaron Paul.

I'm also obsessed with One Direction and their Midnight Memories album right now. Don't judge me. I know I'm old and they're young, but whatever.









Other things that have made me happy: hot Epsom salt baths, the sunflowers sitting in a vase on our dining room table, carrot juice to start my day instead of a cup of coffee, and shopping/getting amazing deals with my Mom on Saturday (she got a pair of $110 shoes for $37 and I picked up yet another throw pillow).









There are also a lot of other things that made me happy this week but this is just a small sampling of the things that make me smile.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Miss Harris, I like your openness and transparency. You are a writer, when will you confess. With love, ADadin

    ReplyDelete