Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Ice Ice Baby


I think one of my scariest symptoms is when I'm struck in the head. The pain is always so immense and unbearable. I usually lose the ability to speak properly and I get really confused and upset. I also get migraines but these 'lightning bolts" are something else entirely. It's so hard to describe them to people, doctors or otherwise. Sometimes it's like getting struck with a lightning bolt or having a knife being forced into my brain or the other night I had to ask my parents what the grim reaper carries with him because that's what it felt like. By the way, it's called a scythe or a sickle. I swear I could even feel the curve in my head.

We made a discovery a couple of weeks ago, well my Dad actually did, and when this happens my neck and head are usually on fire. I develop a crazy fever so my Dad decided to try icing my neck in order to cool me down. It helps so much! I don't understand why my blood boils and my brain starts to fry but cooling my body down is one of the only things that truly helps. It helps me regain my ability to speak, tones down the pain dramatically, and eases my confusion. This might be why hanging out in my pool in the summer has a tendency to make me feel better.

Have any of you experienced anything like this?

I have a collection of ice packs and wraps but I'm planning on buying one of these Ice Kaps soon. It's a bit pricey and I'll look pretty silly wearing one but I'm okay with that and will do anything to find some relief. I love that it has a place to put a pony tail through!

No comments:

Post a Comment