Thursday, December 28, 2017

Christmas 2017

I did actually intend my previous post to be the last of 2017 but my Christmas was so special I felt I just had to share, if not just for myself so that I can one day read this back and remember how magical the day was.

I wrote this on Christmas day:

I have cried so many tears today, all of them happy. Life and all life encompasses, is such a precious gift, and the people we choose to love are the best gift of all. I am grateful every day for my parents, for all that they are and all that they do. They are truly my best friends, my soulmates. I don’t think that word is only defined in a romantic sort of way because I know my Mom and Dad are mine. They are my people and I am extra thankful for this special day we were able to share. Time is fleeting and days are never promised to any of us, and after the year we have had my heart is so happy and so filled with love and pure joy. Our traditions are wonderful and the gifts were incredibly beautiful and thoughtful but most of all, we are all here. We are all together. We were able to spend this Christmas laughing, sharing, being silly, being emotional at times and just simply loving one another with all of our hearts. I am so grateful, today and all days. I know how lucky I am. How lucky we are to have each other. I say this every year, but this year really was the best Christmas. I have been very fortunate to have a happy, love-filled and special Christmas for all 30 that I have been on this Earth but today was the best one of all. I’ll remember today for the rest of my life and I’ll carry the way this day made me feel with me in my heart forever.


Here’s to making 2018 something special, and the hope that we’ll create countless precious memories full of love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment