Thursday, May 4, 2017

What to do with Beautiful Basics?

I’m feeling sort of unhappy with Beautiful Basics and I wanted to talk about here, on The Sick Life, before I made any big decisions or changes. Blogging about natural beauty has been a saving grace for me other the past 6 years and 2 months. I can’t believe how much time has gone by and how much my little blog has grown in that time. I’ve truly enjoyed creating for Beautiful Basics even though there have been some highs and lows but I’m not enjoying it right now.

As I have become more and more ill my sensitivity to smell (not just chemical or artificial fragrance, it’s ANY smell - including essential oils) has gotten more prominent. I’ve also developed a lot of skin sensitivities so a lot of the time when I’m sent skincare products to try my skin freaks out and gets really sore, red, irritated and inflamed. I usually have to spend weeks trying to get my skin back to normal. I’m at the point where I just need to step away from trying new skincare. And body products, and hair products, and anything that comes in contact with my skin at all. Or anything, really, that has any kind of scent.

So that leaves the question of what becomes of Beautiful Basics and this is where I want your advice. Do I turn Beautiful Basics into a natural makeup blog? Or, should I become a cruelty-free beauty blog? The second option is where I’m leaning. There are so many brands who are cruelty-free with products made of pretty good ingredients that don’t qualify as “natural” or “green”. I’ve slowly been transitioning into more brands found at Sephora and maybe that’s the kind of stuff I should start focusing on. Of course, I won’t use products with parabens or anything totally scary and/or toxic but cruelty-free is what matters most to me these days.

I’m kind of at a crossroads and I’m not really sure where to go from here. What I do know, however, is that I’m not really happy with the whole situation now but I don’t really want to quit. Would you stay with me if I transition to being a cruelty-free beauty blog with a focus on cosmetics instead of a natural beauty blog?

2 comments:

  1. you have my support 100%
    even if you stop blogging(God forbid)I will stay follow you & support you

    plz switch to cruelty - free brands
    there are so many such brands in India too like Plum ,BON, Mantra- you could try buying such brands in USA and reviewing them if you wish to give your USA readers some variety

    Indonesia has Utama Spice

    Can think of so many brands

    Wishing you the best in this change reg. your blog

    with you always <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any direction you take your blog I will still be happy to follow!

    ReplyDelete