Thursday, May 28, 2015

What's really going on?


You all might probably know, if you're reading this blog, that I was diagnosed with Lupus and Fibromyalgia. I'm not entirely convinced that this diagnosis is accurate. Lupus is an illness that has remissions and flares. I have not once even been in remission in the 6 years that I have been sick.

While I do think Fibro is a correct part of my illness I think my symptoms like up more with Multiple Sclerosis, or MS. In the beginning every single medical professional thought that it sounded and looked like I had MS but my MRIs all came back showing no lesions on my brain. I wonder if I were to get another MRI now, 6 years later, if the lesions would show up.

I'm only getting worse and it really makes me wonder what is actually going on inside of my body and brain. Maybe I have all 3. Who knows?

If you're sick, like me, do you feel like you have the right diagnosis?

1 comment:

  1. Jayanthi ParthasarathyAugust 4, 2015 at 12:20 AM

    sounds like MS to me - I too have many long term illnesses & know how it feels - sending you love

    ReplyDelete