Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Meet the Cats


Losing Parker was one of the hardest things I have experienced in my 27 years of life. I loved him with all of my heart, and I still do. I miss him each and every day. I still hope that he is alive somewhere out there in the world and that one day he finds his way back to me but I'm afraid that is no longer a possibly. We, as a family, also lost our beloved Sebastian after 15 years of love, friendship, and loyalty. This summer was tough because we had to do it without our beautiful fur babies.

We are a family full of animal lovers though and we knew our family was no longer complete. On July 30th we decided it was time to start considering getting a new cat so we headed for the local animal shelter expecting nothing more than to look at the cats. Instead, we met MoMo and fell in love. He went home with us the next day, although we changed his name to Finnegan James or Finn.



Finn stole our heart by being an absolute cuddle bug. We brought him home and our relationship with him was slow to build but now he is a very important and loved member of the family. We aren't sure about his past life or what he went through before becoming a Harris but he has come to realize that this is his home and we are his family. He's a sweetheart who loves nothing more than to be held like a baby, upside down and cradled in our arms. He is very vocal and likes to talk. He is also very independent and loves dividing his time between the great outdoors and our home.

He is one of the most stunning and beautiful cats I have ever seen. He's a very unique buff color and has amber colored eyes. He is a year old and lean, tall, and very muscular.

On the 15h of September we added another furry little face to our family. My parents could tell that my heart was still hurting from not having Parker in my life anymore so they decided to do an internet search for Turkish Van Rescues. Without any luck they ended up, on accident, at a local cat rescue website where they found a picture of a 5 month old Van named Harpo. My Dad and I went to the rescue place the very next day.

I can't even begin to describe how cool this place we went to was. It was a big room full of cat furniture with 40 or so cats. We went and sat down and were mauled by kittens and cats climbing all over us and each other to receive a little affection. We had SO much fun. I don't think either of us have ever smiled more or had more fun. Anyway, back to the story. The moment I sat down a little boy, Harpos brother Harper, came and sat on my lap and gave me so much love and affection. He ended up picking me and Harper went home with us.



Harper is now named Hunter. Hunter Parker Harris to be exact. He's a 5 month old who looks and acts so much like Parker, but he is not a replacement. He is absolutely in love with me and I am with him. He refuses to be away from me for long and likes to kiss, cuddle, and snuggle. He's an absolute sweetheart and is such a mamas boy! He's very calm and lovey. He has only been with us for 8 days but he is already so loved. I hope Parker gets to meet him one day because I think he would really enjoy having a mini me.

Cooper and the cats aren't friends yet, nor are the cats friends with each other but no one seems to hate each other yet either. I have high hopes that they will all soon be very close.



Would you like if I shared photos of them once a week on the blog Facebook page?

No comments:

Post a Comment